Using the right hand side of your computer prescription print out, tick the items you require and drop off your request any time between 07:00 and 19.30 Monday – Friday or 07.00 - 13.00 Saturday in the box provided outside
Your prescription will be available for collection after 2 clear working days for example: requested on a Monday, collected on a Wednesday.
If you find it difficult or inconvenient to order your prescription at the surgery, your other options are:
- If you have internet use, or a smart phone, you can order your prescription using on-line services
- you can email us on email@example.com providing your name, address, DOB and names of medication requested. Our email is not constantly manned, so we would appreciate it if you could phone and advise you have sent your request to avoid any delay
- You can post your requests with a SAE
We do not accept any medication requests over the telephone.
The surgery uses a Repeat Dispensing system. This means that up to six months worth of your prescription medication/s can be issued and given to a pharmacy of your choice. You can pick your medication up or have your medication delivered from the pharmacy at regular intervals.
This reduces the number of times you need to order your prescription from the surgery
Please ensure that you are up-to-date with your annual chronic disease review/ medication review each year to continue having this service.
This method won’t be suitable for everyone (especially if your medication changes regularly) or if you have "when required" medication like inhalers, creams or pain relief.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.